The Schutz Company, Inc. Privacy Statement
(Updated May 2018).
This privacy statement discloses the privacy practices for all the data collected by us on our website. These practices cover:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected from you through the website.
- How the information is used.
- With whom the information may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
For questions about this Privacy Statement or your Personal Information, please contact The Schutz Company’s Data Protection Officer: Jerry Miller, VP Operations. Please contact the DPO at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the term “Personal Information” we refer to information that you individually provide to us either directly or indirectly that on its own or in combination with other information, can be used to identify. Personal Information includes your name, your mailing address, your telephone number, your e-mail-address or other information that makes you identifiable.
The Schutz Company acknowledges your rights to object to our collection of personal data, the right to erasure, the right to restrict processing and the right to rectification of all personal data on our sites. The Schutz Company will work quickly to resolve all complaints within 30 days of receiving a written request or complaint.
Information Collection and Use
We are the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. We collect information from our users at several different points on our website.
The Schutz Company websites gather information in two ways: (1) indirectly using our site’s technology, and (2) directly (when you, voluntarily provide information while visiting the sites). All information is transferred to servers located in the United States of America.
In order to use obtain articles, complete surveys, register for seminars, or use other features of our website, a user may be required to complete a registration form. During registration, a user is required to give contact information (such as name and e-mail address). This information is used to contact the user about the information or services for which they have expressed interest. In some instances the may be asked user to provide additional information (such as employer and job function) and unique identifiers such as a user ID and password.
We may request information from the user on an order form. Here a user must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and may be required to provide financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill customer’s orders. If we have trouble processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with the user.
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user’s hard drive containing information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. Once the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates. For instance, by setting a cookie on our site, the user would not have to enter a password more than once when using certain portions of our site, thereby saving time while on our site. If a user rejects the cookie, he or she may still use our site. The only drawback to this is that the user will be limited in some areas of our site. For example, the user will not be able to complete any of our surveys. Cookies may also be used to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Data Processors used by The Schutz Company
We use the following companies as data processors for information we collect:
- Infusionsoft https://www.infusionsoft.com/legal/dpa
- QuickBooks https://security.intuit.com/index.php/privacy
- High Performing Systems https://www.hpsys.com/Privacy_Policy.htm
- Stripe https://stripe.com/us/privacy
We may share aggregated demographic information with our affiliated companies or with scholars for statistical research. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. We use an outside credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. This company does not retain, share, store, or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. We may partner with another party to provide specific services. If users sign up for these services, we will share names and other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by TSC websites.
If a user wishes to subscribe to a newsletter on our site, we ask for contact information such as name and e-mail address.
From time-to-time our site may request information from users via surveys, including:
- Contact information to notify participants of the results of the surveys
- Personal preferences
- Survey responses to provide participants with survey results and personalized reports
- Demographic information (optional) – Gender, Zip code, job function, etc., used only in aggregate form for statistical research. Who Has Access to Survey Information? Access to all information gathered from surveys is highly restricted. Online surveys and reports are administered only by designated employees, Agents, and Licensees. Only personnel who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, an online administrator or customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees, Licensees, and Agents are are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices and are contractually required to follow them. At no time will any employee, Agent, or Licensee disclose any personally identifiable information to any third party (such as the participant’s employer or supervisor) without prior consent from the participant.
- Tell-A-Friend If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and e-mail address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the site. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail The friend may contact us to request the removal of this information from our database.
- Security This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line. When a registration or order form on our website asks users to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry, Secure Sockets Layer (or SSL). While on a secure page, such as an order form, the padlock icon in the status bar or header of web browsers (including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome) becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are browsing other non-SSL web pages. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, a billing clerk or a customer service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Furthermore, all employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers on which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an e-mail message to our data protection officer at email@example.com.
- Special Offers We send all new visitors who request information or are registered to take a survey a welcoming e-mail message. Established users will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see our choice and opt-out below.
- Correction/Updating Personal Information If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as your zip code), or if a user no longer desires to use any of the services on our website, we will provide a way to correct, update, or remove that user’s personal data provided to us. This can be done by contacting us via this website at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Choice/Opt-out Our users are given the opportunity to “opt-out” to stop us from using their information. For example, users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking the unsubscribe link on every email. This will remove their e-mail address from our lists so that we will not send them any newsletters or promotional messages in the future.